Nursery provision at Little Munden C of E Primary School
Little Munden Nursery and Primary School in Dane End provides children with a welcoming, stimulating and supportive learning environment in an idyllic countryside setting. Caring teachers work with each child, tailoring work to their individual ability within an exciting Creative Curriculum. The children benefit from small class sizes and a good adult/pupil ratio.
We welcome children from Dane End and all surrounding hamlets, villages and towns. To arrange a school visit or to apply please telephone us on 01920 438271 option 3.
Nursery Admissions Criteria 2017-2019
- There are 15 places available for nursery children at Little Munden School.
- A nursery place may be applied for at any time within 12 months before the starting date.
- The starting date will usually be the beginning of the academic year in which the child becomes 4 years old.
- In year admissions will also be considered.
- Parents/carers should apply using the appropriate form provided by the school office.
- Following application, parents will be informed of whether a place is available for their child within 5 working days during term time, or immediately after a holiday if the application is made during that period.
- Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
What is Little Munden’s offer?
We offer up to 30 free hours of early education a week (38 weeks term time only). All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 15 free hours and a further 15 hours is available for eligible parents. It is the parents’ responsibility to apply for 30 hours free childcare via the online HMRC eligibility checker www.hertfordshire.gov.uk or www.childcarechoices.gov.uk Eligible parents will receive a voucher code which should be provided to school to claim the full 30 hours.
The 30 free hours is to be taken between 8.50am and 2.50pm. Parents then have the option to pay for additional childcare until 3.15pm (the regular school finish time) at the cost of £2.50 per day. This option is payable half termly in advance.
We also provide an early start club from 7.45am. We do not currently run any child care for nursery age pupils beyond 3.15pm or during school holidays.
Nursery Lunch Club
We provide a Nursery Lunch Club to help parents, who require childcare for their nursery age child outside of our morning nursery school hours, but who are not eligible for, or choose not to take up, the 30 hour free childcare provision.
The club is available from 11:50am to 12:45pm. The children will have lunch in the hall with the older children and, if time allows, play games and take part in other activities in the designated outdoor area.
The cost per session is £2.50 per child and invoices for sessions attended will be raised at the end of each month.
If your child would like to have a school lunch, this would be provided by Herts Catering Ltd from the pupil choice menu available to view on www.hertscatering.co.uk Alternatively, you may choose to provide your child with a packed lunch from home.
Payments for additional childcare should be made using our online payment portal. This will be activated once your child has started with us. Parents can also pay using childcare voucher schemes available through employers. We are currently registered with Care 4, Computershare, Sodexo and Kiddivouchers. If your employer uses a different agency, please let us know the details.