Our School Day
The school day starts at 8.50am and finishes at 3.15pm.
8:50am to 9:00am Registration
9.30am Celebration Assembly (Thursday’s only)
10:45am Morning Assembly (Monday to Thursday)
11:00am Morning break times
At 11am, children from Y1 to Y6 have a short break
11:45am to 12:45pm Nursery Lunch Club
Our Nursery Lunch Club runs from 11.45am to 12.45pm. The office staff will be happy to help with any queries from parents interested in using this service.
12:30pm to 1:30pm Lunch
3:15pm School Pick up
All parents are welcome to attend celebration assembly on a Thursday morning, where we celebrate the achievements of the children
General School Procedures at Little Munden School
The morning :
General School Procedures at Little Munden School
- The school gates open at 8.40am. The morning bell is rung at 8.50am. The children should be at school at this time and line up with their classmates in the playground.
- Due to the location of the school, there is an unofficial one-way system in operation to avoid congestion. This is ‘Up Church Lane towards the school, parking along the Church Wall, then driving off towards Lordship Farm and down to join the Munden Road again’.
- There is one disabled parking bay at the front of the school, by the steps up to church. You should only use this space if you are a disabled blue badge holder.
- To avoid congestion, no parking is allowed in the school car park or in the school entrance at any time. This access is used regularly throughout the day.
- Please do not be tempted to park on the Yellow zig zag lines in front of the school as this could result in a parking ticket!During the School Day
- We are an Egg and Nut Free school. Please do not include products containing these items in your child’s home packed lunch as they may pose a risk to our vulnerable pupils.
- Nursery to Year 2 children are provided with a fruit or vegetable snack daily through the Schools Fruit & Vegetable Scheme. Year 3 to Year 6 can bring their own snack, but it must be a healthy fruit or vegetable snack. No processed snack bars or alternatives.
- Full PE kits should be in school all week and should include a pair of trainers and tracksuit.
- Trainers should be Velcro fastening unless your child is able to tie their own shoelaces.
- All items of clothing should be clearly named to ensure they are returned to their rightful owners.
- All the children should have a clear, named, water bottle in school, which should contain only water. Nojuice.
- In summer months, the children should have sun hats and sun cream , which should both be named.Children are not allowed to share their sun cream with others in case of allergies. Sun cream should be applied at home before school and will normally only be reapplied during lunch break. Your child must be able to apply their own sun cream, as school staff are not permitted to do this.
- Children will go outside in all weathers, so appropriate outer clothing is necessary at all times.
- Acorn class children should have a pair of wellies which can remain in school all year round.
- Oak class children, year 4, 5 and 6, are able to bring their own pencil cases to school. These should besmall enough to fit into their drawers – they do not need to contain too much!
- School book bags should also be of a suitable size. They need to be able to take an A4 folder withoutsquashing corners, but not too large as the children should be able to carry their own bags to and fromschool. The preferred style are school bookbags or messenger type bags, not rucksacks.
- Packed lunches and water bottles should be carried separately to avoid wetting books etc.
- Long hair should be securely tied and/or clipped back. This helps to prevent the spread of head lice. Ifyour child is affected by head lice or nits, please inform office staff.
The End of the School Day
- School finishes at 3.15pm. Please be prompt to collect your child, but if you will be late please call the office to let us know.
- Acorn class children will exit school via the door closest to the Church and next to the kitchen. (Church Corridor). Beech class exit via the hall and Oak directly from their classroom. Parents should wait in the areas outside their designated door. Children will be handed by school staff to their parent/carer.
- If someone else is collecting your child, the school office/classroom staff should be notified on the day, by a parent, unless you have previously advised us of this person on your child’s data collection form, ie. grandparents. This includes if your child is going to a friend’s house for a playdate!Absences from School
- If your child will be absent from school due to illness or any other reason, the school office must be informed by 8.45am at the latest. We have a specific Pupil Absence option on our telephone answering system (option 1) which you can call at any time, ie. if it is more convenient to call before 7.45am and the office is unattended, or you can press Option 3 and speak to office staff directly.
- If your child has an appointment, of any type, you will need to complete an absence request form in advance if possible. These can be found in the office reception area or on our school website.
- If your child will not be at school for morning registration, but will arrive later, the office staff must be advised no later than 9.45am of your child’s lunch choice for that day. School lunches cannot be ordered after this time.
- Absences for holidays within term time will not be authorised, unless there are exceptional circumstances. Any absences of this nature will necessitate a meeting with the Headteacher.
- If the nature of illness is vomiting or diarrhoea, we unfortunately have to impose a 48 hour rule. The child should not come back to school until 48 hours has passed from the last bout of illness. This is to help prevent the spread of this type of virus.Other Information
- Please advise us as soon as possible of any changes to yours or your children’s details or circumstances. This includes, phone or address changes, medical issues or anything that may have an effect on them whilst at school.
- All payments to school should be via the online payment portal, School Gateway. Log in details can be provided from the school office. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques in the school office. .
- Please support the school’s approach to on-line safety and do not upload or add any text, image, sound or videos that could upset or offend any member of the school community or bring the school’s name into disrepute.Thank you for your support.