Our School Day and General School Procedures
- The school gates open at 8.40am where the children can go straight into their classrooms. All children should be in school by 8:50am.
- Due to the location of the school, there is an unofficial one-way system in operation to avoid congestion. This is ‘Up Church Lane towards the school, parking along the Church Wall, then driving off towards Lordship Farm and down to join the Munden Road again’.
- There is one disabled parking bay at the front of the school, by the steps up to church. You should only use this space if you are a disabled blue badge holder.
- To avoid congestion, no parking is allowed in the school car park or in the school entrance at any time. This access is used regularly throughout the day.
- Please do not be tempted to park on the Yellow zig zag lines in front of the school as this could result in a parking ticket!
During the School Day
- Nursery to Year 2 children are provided with a free of charge fruit or vegetable snack daily through the Schools Fruit & Vegetable Scheme. Years 3 to Year 6 can bring their own snack, but it must be a healthy fruit or vegetable snack. No processed bars or snacks.
- We are a Nut Free school. Please do not send in products containing nuts for snack or in your child’s packed lunch, as they may pose a risk to our vulnerable pupils and staff. Please check ingredients lists.
- Grapes, if provided for your child, should be cut in half as they are a potential choking hazard.
- Full PE kits should be worn on a Monday and a Wednesday.
- Trainers should be Velcro fastening unless your child is able to tie their own shoelaces.
- All items of clothing should be clearly named to ensure they are returned to their rightful owners.
- All the children should have a clear, named, water bottle in school, which should contain only water. No juice.
- In summer months, the children should have sun hats and sun cream, which should both be named. Children are not allowed to share their sun cream with others in case of allergies. Sun cream should be applied at home before school and will normally only be reapplied during lunch break. Your child must be able to apply their own sun cream, as school staff are not permitted to do this.
- Children will go outside in all weathers, so appropriate outer clothing is necessary at all times.
- Acorn class children should have a pair of wellies, named, which can remain in school all year round.
- School book bags should be of a suitable size. They need to be able to take an A4 folder without squashing corners, but not too large as space is restricted in the class cloakrooms. The preferred style is school book bags or messenger type bags, not rucksacks. The children should be able to carry their own bags to and from school. Packed lunches and water bottles should be carried separately to avoid wetting books etc.
- Long hair should be securely tied and/or clipped back. This helps to prevent the spread of head lice. If your child is affected by head lice or nits, please inform office staff.
The End of the School Day
- School finishes at 3.15pm. Please be prompt to collect your child, but if you will be late please call the office to let us know.
- If someone else is collecting your child, other than regular pre-advised arrangements, the school office/classroom staff should be notified by you. This includes if your child is going to a friend’s house for a playdate!
Absences from School
- If your child will be absent from school due to illness or any other reason, the school office must be informed by 8.45am at the latest. We have a specific Pupil Absence option on our telephone answering system (option 1) which you can call at any time, ie. if it is more convenient to call before 7.45am and the office is unattended, or you can press Option 3 and speak to office staff directly.
- If your child has an appointment of any type, you will need to complete an absence request form, in advance if possible. Forms can be found in the school office or downloaded here.
- If your child will not be at school for morning registration, but will arrive later, the office staff must be advised no later than 9.30am of your child’s lunch choice for that day. It may not be possible to order school lunches after this time.
- Absences for holidays within term time will not be authorised. Absences for exceptional circumstances are at the discretion of the Headteacher and may necessitate a formal meeting prior to approval. All absences must be requested in advance, using the absence request form available from the office reception area or downloaded here.
- If the nature of illness is vomiting or diarrhoea, we unfortunately have to impose a 48 hour rule. The child should not come back to school until 48 hours has passed from the last bout of illness. This is to help prevent the spread of this type of virus.
- Please advise us as soon as possible of any changes to your own or your child’s circumstances. This includes, phone or address changes, medical issues or anything that may have an effect on them whilst at school.
- All payments to school should be via the online payment portal, Arbor. Log in details can be provided from the school office. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cash or cheques in the school office.
- Please support the school’s approach to on-line safety and do not upload or add any text, image, sound or videos that could upset or offend any member of the school community or bring the school’s name into disrepute.
Thank you for your support.